How a root canal from your dentist in New Kensington, PA, can eliminate your dental pain
Dental pain can disrupt your life, making it difficult to think about anything else. The good news is, there is a dental procedure that can take away your tooth pain, without taking away your tooth. It’s called root canal therapy!
The dentists at Community Health Clinic provide a wide variety of dental services, including root canals to eliminate your dental pain. They have dental offices in New Kensington, Greenburg, and Vandergrift PA to help you.
You may need a root canal if you notice:
- Increasing dental pain when you eat or drink hot or cold foods or beverages
- A stabbing, aching pain in your tooth when you bite down or chew
- Increasing dental pain after a filling or crown has been placed
- A red or white area erupting on your gums next to a tooth root
- Drainage including blood or pus coming out from the bump on your gums
When you have a root canal, your dentist will create a small opening at the top of your tooth. The infected area of your tooth is removed by drawing it out through the small opening.
A sedative filling is placed inside your tooth temporarily to dry up fluid and relieve the pressure and pain inside your tooth. Then, after your dental pain is gone, the sedative material is removed and replaced with an inert material. The opening is filled with a permanent filling, and your root canal is done.
In addition to root canals, your dentists at Community Health Clinic provide a variety of other dental services, including:
- Fillings, crowns, and bridges
- Partial and full dentures
- Oral hygiene, exams, and x-rays
- Extractions and general dentistry
To find out more about dental services available at Community Health Clinic, please visit the Dental Services section on the website at https://www.communityhealthclinic.org/dental-services.html
When you have a dental problem, talk with the experts. Call the dentists at Community Health Clinic, with dental offices in New Kensington, and Greenburg, Pennsylvania. For our dental services line, call 724-335-2862.